The Dress I am making.
BIG NEWS!!!......Pattern Update.
I did it...although there is a slight issue (I'll tell you in a sec!)..I managed to not only translate the pattern but learnt a few Japanese sewing symbols along the way. It took 2 hrs to work the pattern out and cut the pieces up..very time consuming but now I know it'll be easy the next time and then next until I don't need a pattern at all. So, now for the little issue - Japanese girls are PETITE, problem, a Japanese size 9 (Australian 10), is not really an Australian 10, so the dress is too small for me. I'm a bit broader across the shoulders so that's the only place it's tight..oh well luckily this was a test run and was made from an old (not so old) sheet. I'll give it away to someone petite. Anyway, other than that it was very simple to make, still got to add the pockets but there is so much you could do to it, you could add a frill or a fabric flower pin.